- GE Monogram Dishwasher Review & Guide: A Look at GE’s Luxury Brand - November 24, 2022
- Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer Guide: Should You Still Consider Duet? - November 22, 2022
- Best Samsung Front Load Washers Guide: Should You Consider Samsung? - November 8, 2022
GE’s wall ovens are among the most reliable, at least according to the 2021 JD Power customer satisfaction study. Ranking fifth below Samsung, KitchenAid, LG, and Whirlpool, the GE brand is worth considering if you’re looking for a double oven.
In this GE double oven options guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the features of GE double ovens. This will help you decide whether the company has something that fits your needs. GE has a wide range of double ovens, including ranges with double ovens. With a budget from as low as $1000 to as high as $5000, you can get a GE double oven. Keep reading to find out which model you should choose.
Bottom Line Up Front
The GE® JTD3000ENES 30″ Smart Built-In Double Wall Oven is my recommendation, offering features like smart functionality and self-cleaning at a very reasonable price. If you’re looking for a range with a double oven, I recommend the GE® JBS86SPSS 30″ Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Convection Range.
At a Glance: Best GE Double Oven Options
|Best GE freestanding range with double oven||GE® JBS86SPSS 30″ Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Convection Range||Electric cooktop.
|Best value GE double oven||GE® JTD3000ENES 30″ Smart Built-In Double Wall Oven||Self-clean
|Best combination oven||GE Profile™ PT7800SHSS 30″ Built-In Combination Convection Wall Oven||Convection
|Best compact GE double wall oven||GE® JRP28BJBB 24″ Double Wall Oven||Self-clean
|Best premium GE double wall oven||GE Profile™ PTD7000SNSS 30″ Smart Built-In Convection Double Wall Oven||Air fry
Types of GE Double Ovens
These are just like regular double ovens, except the top unit functions as a microwave. In contrast, the bottom unit is a conventional oven. GE’s combination oven units have advanced features like convection technology in both units, making them versatile models. More on these features later.
Combination ovens are best for those looking for both a microwave and an oven. They offer similar functions as a double oven. However, the top range is smaller in combination models – the top unit is usually just 1.7 cubic feet.
These models are best if you’re in the market for a microwave and an oven.
Double Oven Range
These models are best for those renting as they don’t require specialized installation; simply stand them up in their prescribed kitchen space.
If you need a cooktop as well, consider buying these models. However, the ovens in GE’s double-oven ranges are smaller than the double wall ovens.
For instance, a standard GE double oven range has two ovens with 2.5 cubic feet and 4.3 cubic feet. On the other hand, a regular GE double wall oven has two 5.0-cubic-foot ovens.
Double Wall Oven
For those who love to prepare large meals in the oven, consider GE’s double wall ovens. These boast two large-capacity units – usually about 5.0 cubic feet in each. Other than the extra space, they also offer excellent cooking capabilities thanks to GE’s advanced features in top and bottom units.
GE Double Oven Features to Look Out For
Ovens with convection have a fan at the back of the cavity, which rotates to circulate the hot air within the oven. This ensures that heat is evenly spread out inside the oven, resulting in the uniform browning of food. GE’s double ovens have this feature: some have it in both units while others have it in just the lower oven.
Advantium technology uses halogen light bulbs to cook food instead of conventional heating elements. The halogen bulbs produce heat bolstered by microwave energy for a fast cooking process. Consider this feature if you need an oven that can quickly prepare meals. However, Advantium technology is only found in GE’s combination ovens. If you’re looking for a double wall oven, you’ll have to forego this feature.
If you love fried food, consider a model with the air-fry feature. As GE tells us, this doesn’t need preheating, and it fires food within a short time. This feature is available in some GE double oven ranges as well as the company’s double wall ovens. However, I didn’t find a combination oven with air-fry.
With built-in WiFi, GE’s smart oven models can be operated remotely via the company’s SmartHQ app. You can also monitor the progress of your food via your device and receive notifications when the meal is done.
GE calls this the In-Oven CookCam and features a camera inside the oven. With an in-built camera, the oven will live-stream the food as it cooks, allowing you to see its progress without walking to the oven or opening the door.
Found in the upper oven of GE’s combination double wall ovens, this feature comprises a sensor that automatically determines the ideal cooking time and temperature. This works by sensing the moisture and humidity level in the oven and adjusting the temperature appropriately, depending on the meal you’re cooking.
Best GE Double Oven Recommendations
Best GE Freestanding Range With Double Oven: GE® JBS86SPSS 30″ Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range
If you’re looking for a freestanding GE range with double ovens, consider this model – the JBS86SPSS. It costs about $1500, making it one of the lower-priced GE double oven ranges. And it certainly offers value for money thanks to features like air-fry and convection, which are found in the lower oven.
In terms of size, the upper unit has a capacity of 2.2 cubic feet, and the lower one has 4.4 cubic feet. For a small to medium-sized household, this unit is perfect. And since it’s a freestanding range, it’s ideal for those renting their home because it’s easy to move.
- The GE® JBS86SPSS has a width of 30 inches.
- It has 2.2 cubic feet and 4.4 cubic feet for the lower and upper ovens.
- The lower oven has convection.
- It also has no-preheat air frying.
- There’s oven steam cleaning.
- The upper oven has fast preheating.
- It has an electric cooktop.
- It has a stylish look.
- Both ovens preheat very fast.
- You get convection and air frying in the lower oven.
- The controls are easy to use.
- It takes longer to air fry than a standard air fryer.
- There’s no convection in the upper oven.
Best Value Double Oven: GE® JTD3000ENES 30″ Smart Built-In Double Wall Oven
It’s very easy to recommend the GE® JTD3000ENES model as it costs less than $1000 at the time of writing, making it GE’s double oven offering the best value. Granted, this is a clearance offer and it might soon return to its regular price of about $2500. But, if you’re lucky to find this discount still in place, you’ll get yourself an excellent double wall oven for a really low price.
Its two ovens each have 5 cubic feet, a standard size for double wall ovens. However, what isn’t standard is smart features, which this model boasts. Sadly, there’s no convection or air fry in this model.
- The GE® JTD3000ENES has a 30-inch width.
- Both ovens have a capacity of 5.0 cubic feet.
- It has self-cleaning with steam.
- It has WiFi connectivity.
- The oven has touch controls and an LED display.
- It’s very affordable at the time of writing.
- The model is easy to clean thanks to the self-clean feature.
- It can be operated remotely via the SmartHQ app.
- There’s no convection function.
- The racks can be difficult to slide in and out after self-cleaning.
Best Combination Oven: GE Profile™ PT7800SHSS 30″ Built-In Combination Microwave/Convection Wall Oven
Costing slightly more than $4500, this is one of the highest-priced double oven models in GE’s lineup. It’s a GE Profile model, which is the company’s premium line, a step above standard GE models. And this is why I recommend the GE Profile™ PT7800SHSS model if you’re looking for a microwave/convection oven unit.
You can get this in only stainless steel, but that’s fine because it looks stylish – as a GE Profile model should.
The top oven has a capacity of 1.7 cubic feet, with a 16-inch turntable for microwave functions. It can also be used to perform standard oven duties since it has convection as well. The lower oven boasts 5.0 cubic feet, and it comes with convection and a third heating element.
- The GE Profile™ PT7800SHSS has three heating elements and a convection fan in the lower oven.
- The upper oven has a 16-inch turntable.
- It has a convection microwave.
- The lower oven has self-cleaning with steam.
- The microwave’s power is 1000 watts.
- There’s one roller rack in the lower oven.
- The upper oven has fast cooking times thanks to the convection microwave feature.
- The controls are easy to use.
- Although the roller rack is easy to slide in and out, the other rack in the lower oven doesn’t slide as easily.
- It’s costly.
Best Compact GE Double Wall Oven: GE® JRP28BJBB 24″ Double Wall Oven
Consider this GE 24-inch double wall oven if you’re looking for a compact model. There are two color options: black and stainless steel. The black model looks better to me. The design of this double oven is quite basic, and it doesn’t look as stylish as other GE double ovens on this list. The controls are just a temperature-control knob and a small control panel. The bright side is that it’s easy to use.
It also doesn’t get advanced features like convection, and only the upper oven gets self-cleaning. However, it does its primary job properly and is perfect for one who isn’t interested in lots of bells and whistles. If you have a small space and are looking for a simple, no-frills double oven, the GE JRP28BJBB won’t disappoint.
- This model has a width of 24 inches.
- Both ovens have capacities of 2.7 cubic feet.
- The upper oven has self-clean.
- There are two racks in each oven.
- It’s easy to use.
- It has good cooking performance.
- There’s no convection feature.
Best Premium GE Double Wall Oven: GE Profile™ PTD7000SNSS 30″ Double Wall Oven
GE Profile appliances are known for their style, and the PTD7000SNSS double wall oven is perfect if you’re looking for a premium model. You can get this model in stainless steel or black stainless steel, which have elegant looks. The premium feel of this unit is evident in the 7-inch touch-screen control panel, which is responsive and easy to use.
At a price point of over $4000, you get all the bells and whistles that GE could add. As you’d expect, this model has features like convection in both ovens and WiFi connectivity. Plus, a temperature probe sends internal food temperature to your smartphone via the SmartHQ app.
- Both ovens have a capacity of 5.0 cubic feet.
- There’s convection in both ovens.
- It has self-clean with steam.
- There’s an air-fry feature.
- It has built-in WiFi connectivity.
- The oven’s touch-screen control is easy to use.
- It looks sleek.
- It has high cooking precision thanks to the temperature probe.
- The body is a fingerprint magnet.
What to Consider When Choosing a Double Oven
The double oven size to get is determined by the number of people in your household, how often you entertain guests, and how much you use the oven to prepare meals. Think about the space you’ll need to install the unit, whether buying a range or a built-in model. GE’s double ovens are 24, 27, and 30 inches wide.
If you have a small household, then consider a 24 or 27-inch model. Larger households will be fine with the 30-inch double ovens.
The widths shared by manufacturers usually refer to the cutout size, not the actual width of the appliance. So, use these dimensions to measure the installation space. Thankfully, GE shares detailed installation information for each model on its website.
Below is a guide to the capacities you’ll get in the different sizes of GE’s double wall ovens, combination ovens, and double-oven ranges.
|Oven Type||Width||Capacity per oven||Total capacity|
|Double wall oven||24″||2.7 cu ft||5.4 cu ft|
|27″||4.3 cu ft||8.6 cu ft|
|30″||5.0 cu ft||10.0 cu ft|
|Combination oven||27″||1.7 cu ft (upper oven)
4.3 cu ft (lower oven)
|6.0 cu ft|
|30″||1.7 cu ft (upper oven)
5.0 cu ft (lower oven)
|6.7 cu ft|
|Double-oven range||30″ gas model||2.5 cu ft (upper oven)
4.3 cu ft (lower oven)
|6.8 cu ft|
|30″ electric model||2.2 cu ft (upper oven)
4.4 cu ft (lower oven)
|6.6 cu ft|
For a household of one or two people, consider a compact double wall oven with 2.7-cubic-foot ovens. If you are three to five in your home, the ovens with 4.3 cubic feet each will do. For a home with more than five or those who love to have guests over, the 5.0 cu ft models are perfect. The double-oven ranges are ideal for a household of one to five.
Price (And Your Budget)
Consider the amount of money you’re willing to spend and the features you need. The more expensive models will come with all of GE’s bells and whistles but you may not need all these features.
At the time of writing, the lowest-priced double-oven range costs $1500 while the most expensive costs $3600. Combination ovens normally cost from $3000 but at the time of writing, GE is selling a few models at less than $2000. The highest-priced one is almost $5000.
GE double wall ovens are priced from $2500 up to about $5000. However, at the time of writing, models are selling for less than $1000, but that’s just a temporary clearance sale. Look for such seasonal sales to save big on your next double oven.
GE Double Oven Alternatives
I considered the following when picking alternatives to the GE double oven models;
- Features: I looked for double oven models with features that rival those of the GE ovens.
- Price: The alternatives needed to be within the same price range or cheaper than GE’s double ovens.
- Reliability: I considered brands that have a track record of reliability.
- Performance: These alternatives offer excellent cooking performance based on customer reviews.
Frigidaire Gallery GCWD3067AF 30″ Double Electric Wall Oven
The Frigidaire Gallery GCWD3067AF double wall oven has a sleek look complemented by a smudge-proof stainless steel finish that resists fingerprints. If you have a budget of about $4000, this double oven is a good alternative to GE.
- The Frigidaire Gallery GCWD3067AF’s ovens have capacities of 5.3 cubic feet.
- It has a convection system.
- The Frigidaire Gallery GCWD3067AF has air frying.
- It has a no-preheat feature.
- There’s steam baking.
- This model comes in black stainless steel and stainless steel.
- There’s a temperature probe.
- It’s easy to operate.
- Its cooking and baking performance is excellent.
- It’s costly.
- There’s no WiFi connectivity.
Here’s our Frigidaire oven model guide if you’d like to learn more about what this company has to offer.
KitchenAid KODC304ESS 24″ Double Wall Oven
The KitchenAid KODC304ESS model is ideal if you’re looking for a compact double oven. The downside is that you’ll have to pay over $4000 for it instead of about $2300 for GE’s 24-inch option. However, this one has more advanced features than GE’s model, making it worth considering if your budget is within the price range.
- It has a width of 24 inches.
- The capacity of each oven is 3.1 cubic feet.
- There’s True Convection in the upper oven.
- It has Even-Heat Preheat.
- There’s self-cleaning.
- It has a sleek look.
- The ovens are large for a 24-inch model.
- It has excellent baking performance.
- It costs more than $4000.
Whirlpool WOD77EC0HS 10.0 cu ft Smart Double Wall Oven
With a budget of about $3500, you can get the Whirlpool WOD77EC0HS. This sleek model has two large, 5.0 cu ft ovens with top-of-the-line features like True Convection. Here’s a look at more of its main features.
- It has a fingerprint-resistant body.
- The oven has WiFi connectivity.
- It has Frozen Bake technology for cooking frozen food without preheating.
- There’s voice control.
- It has a steam-cleaning feature.
- This Whirlpool oven has a self-close door.
- You can send cooking instructions to the oven from your smartphone.
- Food is cooked precisely, thanks to the scan-to-cook and guided cooking technology.
It takes some time to learn to use it.
Find out more about Whirlpool ovens here.
Question: What is the advantage of a double oven?
Answer: With a double oven, you can cook two dishes that require different temperatures simultaneously, thus saving you time.
Question: How long do double ovens last?
Answer: The average lifespan of ovens is 15 to 20 years, which also applies to double ovens.
Question: Does a double oven have two plugs?
Answer: No, double ovens only have one plug to power both units. However, it’s recommended that you use a non-GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlet.
Best GE Double Oven Options: Conclusion
GE offers several double oven options with different features and at different price points. With a budget of about $1500, you can get yourself a double-oven range and if you’re looking for a double wall oven, about $2500 will get you one. Consider shopping when there’s a sale and take advantage of huge discounts.
If you’re looking for a new oven, check out this article on finding the best oven for your needs.