- GE Monogram Dishwasher Review & Guide: A Look at GE’s Luxury Brand - November 24, 2022
- Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer Guide: Should You Still Consider Duet? - November 22, 2022
- Best Samsung Front Load Washers Guide: Should You Consider Samsung? - November 8, 2022
Frigidaire is considered a budget brand, selling appliances that are targeted at those who want quality and affordability rolled in one. Since you’re reading this article, I’m sure you’re considering getting a new Frigidaire dishwasher.
To help you make the right decision, I pored through expert reviews and customer feedback to put together this in-depth Frigidaire dishwasher model guide.
Frigidaire sells over a dozen dishwasher models at various price points. Your main considerations when choosing one will be price and performance, but you’ll also need to think about your household size and dishwashing needs, among other factors.
Keep reading to find out all you need to know to help you choose your next Frigidaire dishwasher.
The company has three sub-brands for its appliances, including the dishwashers. These are;
- Frigidaire Gallery
- Frigidaire Professional
What’s the Difference?
Whichever sub-brand you buy, you’ll get an almost similar look but with several discernible differences.
- Frigidaire is the company’s base sub-brand that targets customers who place affordability before other factors. Therefore, the cheapest dishwashers are Frigidaire models.
- Frigidaire Gallery appliances are considered to be a step above their Frigidaire counterparts, but this is subjective. I say this because there are Frigidaire dishwashers that are priced higher than some Frigidaire Gallery models (more on this in the price section). However, the Gallery line is considered more premium with advanced features.
- Frigidaire Professional is the highest level in the company’s line of appliances. These are targeted at those who want fancy high-end appliances. These dishwashers have features that are unavailable in the lower-level sub-brands, underscoring their ‘professional’ branding.
Which One Should You Choose?
It all boils down to your budget. If you’re looking for an inexpensive dishwasher then the Frigidaire line is for you. If you have slightly more to spend (more than $900) then you may consider the Gallery line. Those with a budget of more than $1000 may want to consider the Professional line.
What to Consider When Choosing a Frigidaire Dishwasher
Type of Dishwasher
Are you looking for a built-in dishwasher, a portable dishwasher, or an under-the-sink dishwasher?
Sadly, if you’re in the market for the latter two dishwasher types, you’ll have to look elsewhere since Frigidaire only sells built-in models. If this is you, consider Whirlpool as an alternative. Here’s out Whirlpool dishwasher model guide.
Pros of Built-In Dishwashers
- They don’t take up floor space.
- Built-in dishwashers integrate into the cabinetry, giving your kitchen a modern look.
- The cabinets muffle some of their noise, making them more silent.
Cons of Built-In Dishwashers
- You require a professional to install them.
- Some cabinet modification may be required if there’s no present accommodation in your kitchen for a built-in dishwasher.
- They take up cabinet space, leaving you with less room for storage.
Size and Capacity
Frigidaire mainly sells standard-sized dishwashers, but there’s also one compact model in their lineup. The standard-sized models have a width of 24 inches, no matter what brand you choose. So, if your current dishwasher slot will most likely fit the new Frigidaire model. This is the size to get if you have a household of three or more people.
The compact models have a width of 18 inches. If you have a small kitchen space or you live alone, these are the dishwashers to consider.
You’ll also need to consider the place settings available in the dishwasher. Frigidaire’s standard-sized dishwashers have 14 place settings. One place setting, according to the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, has 10 items. Find out exactly how many of each utensil makes up a place setting in this article.
Also, consider whether you’ll need a third rack, or two racks will do. You also want a dishwasher with an adjustable upper rack to allow you to fit taller dishes in the lower rack.
In this article, we recommend that a dishwasher’s sound level should be no more than 52 dBA. At this level, the appliance’s sound will be about as loud as a refrigerator.
Frigidaire’s loudest dishwasher has a sound level of 62dBA. This is significantly higher than our recommended sound level. The sound of normal conversation is usually at about 60 dBA, so this level might be distracting, especially if you have an open-plan space.
The company also has several models with 52 to 55 dBA, which is acceptable. If you’re looking for silent models, you can opt for the company’s models with less than 50 dBA. Frigidaire’s quietest dishwasher has a sound level of 47 dBA.
Washing and Drying Performance
This is, perhaps, one of the most important things to consider when looking for a new dishwasher. Frigidaire has equipped its dishwasher models with various features that boost performance.
Look for models with smart soil sensors for improved washing and drying without having to set precise times yourself. Also, consider models with food disposers and filters, which ensure that your dishes don’t have food particles on them at the end of a cycle.
The number of spray nozzles and spray arms will also determine how well the dishwasher cleans hard-to-reach areas in dishes.
Consider drying options available in your preferred dishwasher model. Some have a no-heat drying option that air-dry dishes. Higher-end models have a condensation drying option that makes use of a fan at the bottom of the dishwasher. Frigidaire calls this EvenDry (more on this later).
Available Wash and Dry Cycles
Here are the main cycles you’ll find in Frigidaire’s dishwashers.
|Normal||This is a regular wash for lightly to heavily soiled dishes.||Lasts between 75 mins to 3 hours.|
|Heavy||Mainly meant for crockery.||From 2 to 3 hours.|
|Quick Wash/1 hr Wash||For lightly soiled loads.||Lasts 1 hour in lower-end models and about 30 mins in higher-end models.|
|Energy Saver||This cycle minimizes the energy used.||Lasts from 60 minutes to 135 minutes.|
|Rinse Only||Used if you only want to rinse the load.||About 20 minutes.|
|Top Rack||This cycle is for when you only load the top rack.||From 1 to 4 hours.|
|China Crystal||A special cycle for china and crystals.||90 minutes to 150 minutes.|
|Power Plus||This is a heavy cycle in models with soil sensors.||2 to 4 hours.|
Note: Frigidaire’s inexpensive dishwashers have two to five cycles while the more expensive models have more advanced features like PowerPlus and Quick Wash.
Even if your budget isn’t limited, avoid getting a dishwasher with cycles that you may not use – consider only what you will find useful. For instance, if you don’t have lots of chinaware then consider a model without this cycle.
Dishwashers can either have a stainless steel or plastic tub. Frigidaire calls their plastic tubs a durable polymer, which is just a fancy name for plastic.
Stainless steel is more durable and can handle higher temperatures. They’re also better at absorbing the dishwasher’s noise, making these models more silent. However, dishwashers with stainless steel tubs are more expensive than their plastic-tub counterparts.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive dishwasher, you’ll have to trade off the benefits of stainless steel for the affordability of plastic. However, dishwashers with plastic tubs aren’t as hardy, so expect a shorter lifespan from them.
Find out more about the pros and cons of stainless steel and plastic tubs in this article.
Color and Finish
Frigidaire’s dishwashers come in five colors, depending on the model. You can choose among black, white, stainless steel, and black stainless steel colors. The more expensive models also have a Smudge-Proof stainless steel option. Smudge-Proof is a fingerprint-resistant finish that’s easy to clean.
The most affordable dishwasher in the company’s lineup costs about $500. At this budget, you’ll have to contend with a barebones dishwasher with just two cycles and a plastic tub.
In fact, you can only get a stainless steel tub if you spend at least $900. All models between about $600 to $850 have the company’s polymer interior.
Frigidaire’s most expensive dishwasher costs $1200. This model is a Frigidaire Professional dishwasher with the company’s fanciest features like smart sensors.
Unique Features of Frigidaire Dishwashers
- Dual OrbitClean – Some Frigidaire dishwashers have OrbitClean, which is a wheel attached to the end of the lower arm. This wheel has spray nozzles and it rotates independently as the arm rotates. In effect, the OrbitClean feature improves the reach of water in the tub. Dual OrbitClean is an improvement on this; there are two wheels, one on the lower arm and the other on the upper arm.
- MaxBoost Dry – This drying system is made up of a heating element at the bottom of the dishwasher and a fan at the top. The heat from the bottom rises, dries the dishes, and the fan blows in cool air while directing the humid air to a condensation chamber.
- EvenDry – Models with this feature have a fan that circulates heated air in the tub. This ensures even heat distribution and, as a result, even drying of the load.
- SpaceWise Adjustable Rack – This is Frigidaire’s fancy name for their upper adjustable rack. These racks are easy to raise or lower as you prefer.
- DishSense Technology – This is a system of sensors that monitor the soil level or rinse water to determine how clean or dirty the load is, thus adjusting the cycle time accordingly.
- Precision Pro Wash Zones – These are zones designed to hold glasses, bottles, and cups. They have spray nozzles that shoot water straight into these items.
- SpacePro – This is Frigidaire’s name for the third rack in some dishwasher models.
Recommended Frigidaire Dishwashers
- Value for money – These dishwashers offer features and performance that are equal to or greater than their price.
- User reviews – I considered models with at least 70% four- and five-star ratings from at least 1000 reviews on the Frigidaire website
- Performance – These recommended models have top-of-the-class features that make them the best performers in their categories.
Frigidaire FFCD2413UB 24″ Built-In Dishwasher
This is one of Frigidaire’s most affordable dishwashers, selling at just above $500. If you’re on a tight budget, this model is one to consider as it offers some fancy features found in higher-end models. One of these is the company’s Stay-Put door, which remains at whatever angle it’s opened.
Performance-wise, the Frigidaire FFCD2413UB model does a great job, thanks to its three spray arms and the filtration system that removes food particles. In fact, most customers praise its performance and ease of use.
Moreover, with a sound level of just 55 dBA, you’ll barely hear it working. Sadly, it doesn’t come with a stainless steel tub; Frigidaire gave this model a polymer interior, which is just a fancy name for plastic.
- The Frigidaire FFCD2413UB model has a 24-inch width.
- It has two racks that can hold up to 14 place settings.
- There are three spray arms.
- This dishwasher’s sound level is 55 dBA
- It has a self-cleaning filtration system.
- There’s a delay-start option of up to 4 hours.
- This model has heating elements for heated drying.
- This dishwasher is affordable.
- The Stay-Put door comes in handy when you don’t need to fully open the door.
- It is quiet.
- This model is Energy Star certified.
- The interior is made of plastic.
Frigidaire FFID2426TB 24″ Built-In Dishwasher
With a look that resembles more expensive Frigidaire dishwashers, this model will certainly catch your attention as it has mine. Its controls are hidden on the top edge of the door, leaving only the bar handle on the front face.
You can choose black stainless steel or regular stainless steel if you want a truly high-end look, but these are more expensive; $50 more for regular stainless steel and $150 more for black stainless steel.
This model has a polymer interior, which is expected at this price point. There are two racks with up to 14 place settings – this is also expected. The standout feature, however, is DishSense technology, which is a series of soil sensors.
- This Frigidaire dishwasher has two racks with 14 place settings.
- It has a polymer interior.
- There’s an indicator that lights when the rinse aid is low.
- It has heating elements for heated drying.
- Its sound level is 54 dBA.
- It has a BladeSpray Arm at the bottom and a regular spray arm at the top.
- It has four cycles.
- This Frigidaire dishwasher is affordable.
- It has a stylish look.
- It’s quiet.
- Its BladeSpray Arm improves water coverage.
- The tub is made of plastic.
Frigidaire Gallery FGID2466QF 24″ Built-In Dishwasher
Although this dishwasher is significantly more expensive than the options above, I think it offers the greatest value for money. Frigidaire gave this model some of its latest and greatest features that make it a top performer in its class.
But first, we can’t go far without mentioning its looks; this model could pass for a more expensive appliance, yet it costs less than $900. The dishwasher comes in a Smudge-Proof stainless steel finish that’s also found in Frigidaire’s flagship models.
Looks aside, this dishwasher is a top performer thanks to features like the OrbitClean wash system, DishSense technology, and the stainless steel filtration system.
- This Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher has two racks with an adjustable upper rack.
- It has up to 14 place settings.
- It has soil sensors that Frigidaire calls DishSense.
- There’s an OrbitClean system on the lower spray arm.
- This model has a fan-assisted drying cycle known as SaharaDry.
- There’s a delay-start option of up to 24 hours.
- This model has a sound level of 52 dBA.
- It has a Stay-Put door.
- This is a sleek-looking dishwasher.
- It is Energy Star certified.
- It costs less than $900.
- It’s quiet.
- Its interior is made of plastic, which is a disappointment at a price of over $800.
Frigidaire Gallery FGID2476SF 24″ Built-In Dishwasher with EvenDry™ System
If you have a budget of about $1000 then this is my recommendation. This Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher has a similar look to the model above, which is a good thing since they look sleek and premium. This model is actually one of the company’s flagship models; it has a stainless steel tub, a rarity in Frigidaire’s line.
There’s also an OrbitClean Wash System in this one as well as EvenDry. Both of these features make the Frigidaire Gallery FGID2476SF excellent at washing and drying dishes. It also boasts DishSense Technology, but at this price, it goes without saying. There’s no third rack, however, but that’s not a big deal.
- The Frigidaire Gallery FGID2476SF has two racks with an adjustable upper rack.
- It can hold up to 14 place settings.
- The tub is made of stainless steel.
- It has a sound level of 49 dBA.
- The dishwasher has a delay-start option of up to 24 hours.
- It has an OrbitClean Wash System.
- There’s the EvenDry feature.
- There’s a 30-minute Quick Clean cycle.
- It has a Smudge-Proof stainless steel finish.
- This Frigidaire Gallery model is very silent.
- It has a durable stainless steel interior.
- There are LED floor beams that let you know when the dishwasher is running and when the cycle has ended.
- There’s no third-level rack.
Frigidaire Professional FPID2498SF 24″ Built-In Dishwasher with EvenDry™ System
This is Frigidaire’s most expensive dishwasher but, compared to premium models from other brands, it’s still quite reasonably priced. A Frigidaire Professional model, its looks and build show its ‘professional’ pedigree.
It has a stainless steel exterior with Frigidaire’s Smudge-Proof finish. Since this is the company’s flagship model, Frigidaire armed it with all the bells and whistles that make it an excellent dishwasher. It has EvenDry and OrbitClean, as well as PrecisionPro Wash Zones tor glasses, bottles, and cups.
This model comes with a third rack that holds flatware and cutlery. Together with the other two racks, this dishwasher can hold up to 14 place settings.
- This Frigidaire Professional dishwasher has a Smudge-Proof stainless steel finish.
- It has three racks with an adjustable middle rack.
- There are PrecisionPro Wash Zones for holding tall wine glasses, bottles, and cups.
- This model has a 30-minute wash cycle.
- It has an OrbitClean Wash System.
- The dishwasher is Energy Star certified.
- It has a sound level of 47 dBA.
- This dishwasher is very quiet.
- It has a third rack for extra storage space.
- There’s a floor beam that lets you know when the dishwasher is running and when the cycle has ended.
- Dishes come out spotless.
- The racks are a bit flimsy.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Alternatives
Whirlpool WDF520PADM Dishwasher With 1-Hour Wash Cycle
If you’re looking for a dishwasher in the $500 to $600 range, this Whirlpool model would be a good alternative to Frigidaire. Since this is a budget dishwasher, you won’t get a stainless steel tub or a third rack.
However, this model does come with a soil sensor, a sanitize cycle as well heated dry, all of which make it a top performer in its class.
There are two racks plus a silverware basket, and the total capacity is 14 place settings. At this price point, you’d expect a loud dishwasher but this one isn’t; it has a sound level of 55 dBA, which is acceptable.
Find out more about Whirlpool’s dishwasher models in this article.
KitchenAid KDTE204KPS Dishwasher In PrintShield™ Finish With Third Level Utensil Rack
KitchenAid’s dishwashers have won accolades for being among the most reliable in the market, and this model is no different. It goes up against the Frigidaire Gallery FGID2476SF, which costs the same as this one – $1000.
This KitchenAid model boasts a super-silent sound level of just 39 dBA, unlike Frigidaire’s option that produces 49 dBA. It has a third-level rack, an adjustable middle rack, and a total capacity of 13 place settings.
On the outside, the dishwasher has a stainless steel body with a fingerprint-resistant finish that KitchenAid calls a PrintShield Finish. And the interior is also made of stainless steel.
Interested in getting a KitchenAid dishwasher? Find out more about this brand’s models here.
Amana ADB1500ADS Dishwasher With SoilSense Cycle
Amana is a good brand if you’re looking for an alternative to Frigidaire’s options. This particular model costs slightly over $600, targeting a budget-focused buyer. It has a stylish stainless steel exterior with the controls placed on the top edge of the door.
It boasts a filter system that effectively removes food particles and keeps them from redepositing on the dishes. This model also boasts soil sensors that power SoilSense Cycle – Amana’s automatic wash cycle. It also has a 1-hour cycle as well as a heated dry option. Inside, there are two racks and a total of 12 place settings.
Check out our Amana dishwasher model guide to learn more about this and other models.
Question: Are Frigidaire Dishwashers a Good Buy?
Answer: Frigidaire dishwashers are a good buy if you’re looking for an affordable dishwasher model with excellent wash performance and a track record of reliability.
Question: How Long Should a Frigidaire Dishwasher Last?
Answer: Frigidaire dishwashers are expected to last about seven years on average.
Question: Which is Better, Frigidaire Professional or Gallery?
Answer: Frigidaire Professional is the company’s flagship sub-brand, with appliances that have top-of-the-line specs and excellent performance.
Frigidaire Gallery sits in between Frigidaire and Professional, with premium quality at a mid-range price. Generally, Frigidaire Professional appliances are better than Gallery, but they also cost more.
Conclusion – Should You Get a Frigidaire Dishwasher?
If you’re looking for an affordable dishwasher with above-average performance then Frigidaire is the brand to get. The company makes excellent appliances with great features that make them worth more than you pay for. However, not all Frigidaire dishwashers are made equal.
Avoid models that have a sound level of more than 60 decibels like Frigidaire’s cheapest one. However, you’ll have to contend with a plastic tub as a tradeoff for the lower price tag. Consider the recommendations above to narrow down your options.