- Dishwasher Not Filling with Water Troubleshooting Guide - August 6, 2022
- Whirlpool Microwave Parts Guide - July 28, 2022
- Amana Stove Parts Guide - July 25, 2022
Whirlpool microwaves are a tough competitor when it comes to reliability. They provide good quality services, and they last long.
Like other strong appliances, the charms of the whirlpool microwave come from its different parts. Each part of the Whirlpool microwave has its unique function. Should anything happen to any part of the microwave, it can potentially affect the performance.
Even the best machines need occasional repairs, and that’s where our comprehensive guide to Whirlpool microwave parts comes in handy! Learning about the different parts of your Whirlpool microwave will help you understand everything about it.
This guide will provide information on your Whirlpool microwave’s different parts. I’ve also included some handy tips on installing it yourself.
Let’s get started!
About Whirlpool Microwaves?
Whirlpool microwaves are some of the most popular on the market today. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, and they offer a wide range of features.
One of the most popular features of Whirlpool microwaves is the “whirlpool” function. This feature allows you to cook food evenly by circulating hot air around the food. As a result, you can cook meat and vegetables evenly without worrying about hotspots or uneven cooking.
Whirlpool microwaves also include various other features, such as sensor cooking, which automatically adjusts the cooking time based on the type of food you’re cooking.
In addition, some models include an inverter, which allows you to cook delicate foods like fish and chicken without overcooking them. So a Whirlpool model is worth considering if you’re looking for a high-quality microwave oven.
Different Parts of The Whirlpool Microwave and Their Functions
- The Heating element: The heating element is the part of the microwave that generates heat. It is usually located at the bottom of the oven cavity and is responsible for cooking food.
- The Magnetron: The magnetron is the part of the microwave that produces electromagnetic waves. These waves are what cause food to cook when they are absorbed by it. The magnetron is located behind the control panel and is usually a cylindrical shape.
- The Turntable: The turntable is the part of the microwave rotating the food during cooking. It ensures that the food cooks evenly on all sides. You can find the turntable in the center of the oven cavity. It is made of glass or ceramic.
- The Door: The door is the part of the microwave that seals the oven cavity and prevents microwaves from escaping. If the door is open or broken, the microwave will not perform correctly. It is essential to ensure that the door is correctly locked to avoid injury from exposure to microwaves.
- The Control Panel: The control panel is the microwave part that allows you to set cooking time and power levels. It is usually located on the front of the microwave. It has a variety of buttons and dials.
- The Display Screen: The display screen is the microwave part that shows you the current time, cooking time, and other information. It is on the front of the microwave below the control panel.
- The Keypad: The keypad is the part of the microwave that allows you to input numbers and letters. It is usually located on the front of the microwave below the display screen.
- The Ventilation System: The ventilation system is the part of the microwave that removes heat and steam from the oven cavity. Therefore, it is vital to ensure that the ventilation system is not blocked to prevent injury from exposure to heat and smoke.
Problems with Whirlpool Microwaves and How to Fix Them
If you own a Whirlpool microwave, you may have experienced some problems. Here are some common issues and how to fix them.
Whirlpool Microwave Not Heating
If your Whirlpool microwave is not heating food properly, there could be a few reasons.
- First, check to ensure the power cord is plugged into an outlet and the microwave is turned on.
- If the problem persists, try opening and closing the door to see if that solves the issue.
- If not, there could be something wrong with the door switch or the magnetron.
- Finally, you may need to call a technician to look at your microwave.
Whirlpool Microwave Making Strange Noises
If your Whirlpool microwave starts making strange noises, it could be due to a problem with the fan.
- First, try cleaning the fan blades and see if that solves the issue.
- If not, there could be something wrong with the motor. Contact a technician to help solve this problem for you.
How to Find the Replacement Parts for Whirlpool Microwaves
If you need to find replacement parts for your Whirlpool microwave, there are a few different ways you can go about it. You can get the Whirlpool microwave parts from the Whirlpool online store, Amazon. All Whirlpool microwave replacement parts are available, and they provide fast shipping. Or, you can also explore the below suggestions:
- The manual: Check the manual that came with your microwave. It should have a list of recommended replacement parts and contact information. You can contact the company if you don’t find what you’re looking for.
- Online: Look online on the Whirlpool website. They have an extensive customer service section where you can find replacement parts for many appliances, including microwaves.
- Customer service: Give them a call. The customer service number will be able to help you track down the replacement parts you need.
- The dealership: You can always ask microwave dealers around for help.
- Google: Try a general search engine like Google. You might be able to find what you’re looking for this way, but it’s not always the most reliable method.
- Ask around: If you know anyone who has a Whirlpool microwave, they might be able to help you find the right replacement parts or at least point you in the right direction.
How to Replace A Part on The Whirlpool Microwaves
If you need to replace a part on your Whirlpool microwave, it’s essential to know how to do so correctly. This step-by-step process will walk you through the process:
- Step 1: First, identify the problem. What part needs to be replaced? Is it the heating element, the door seal, or something else? Once you know what feature needs to be replaced, you can order the correct replacement part from Whirlpool or an authorized retailer.
- Step 2: Unplug the microwave from the power source and remove any food or other items inside the unit.
- Step 3: To access the parts that need to be replaced, you’ll likely need to remove the outer shell of the microwave. It is usually done by removing a few screws that hold the cover.
- Step 4: Once you have access to the inner workings of the microwave, locate the part that needs to be replaced. It can be tricky, so consult a diagram or the owner’s manual for your specific model if you’re unsure.
- Step 5: To replace the part, remove any screws or other fasteners holding it in place, and then insert the new part. Make sure it is properly secured before moving on.
- Step 6: Finally, reassemble the microwave and plug it into the power source. Please test it out to ensure the problem has been fixed before using it as usual.
If you follow these steps, you should be able to replace any part of your Whirlpool microwave without issue. Consider a diagram or the owner’s manual if you’re unsure of anything.
Whirlpool Microwave Vent Cover Replacement
If your Whirlpool microwave vent cover is cracked or damaged, it’s crucial to replace it as soon as possible. A cracked vent cover can cause air and moisture to escape the microwave, leading to rusting and other damage. Fortunately, replacing a vent cover is a relatively straightforward process you can do yourself in just a few minutes.
- To replace your Whirlpool microwave vent cover, start by removing the old surface. To do this, unscrew the two screws holding the body. Once you remove the screws, you should be able to lift the old cover off easily.
- Next, take your new vent cover and line it up with the opening on the front of the microwave. Once you have the new cover, screw it into place using the two screws. Be sure to tighten the screws securely, so the new cover is firmly in place.
- Finally, replace any other parts that may have been damaged when the old cover was removed. It includes the gasket and sealant around the edge of the vent opening. Once everything is back in place, your microwave should be as good as new!
If you don’t feel confident about replacing the vent cover, you can always contact a professional appliance repair service.
How to Replace A Whirlpool Microwave Light Bulb?
Over time, light bulbs will inevitably burn out. When this happens, it’s essential to know how to replace them quickly and easily. For those with a Whirlpool microwave, replacing the light bulb is a simple process that will only take a few minutes.
- First, remove the glass cooking tray from the microwave.
- Next, unscrew the small metal plate on the bottom of the unit to access the light bulb.
- Finally, unscrew the old bulb and screw in a new one. Once the new bulb is in place, screw the metal plate back on and return the cooking tray to its rightful spot.
- And that’s it! With just a few quick steps, you’ll have your Whirlpool microwave up and running again in no time.
Whirlpool Microwave Maintenance Tips:
- Keep your microwave clean – inside and out. Wipe up spills immediately and clean the exterior and interior of the appliance regularly with a mild detergent.
- Be careful what you cook in your microwave. Avoid using metal containers, as they can cause sparks. And steer clear of fatty foods, as they can produce smoke.
- Don’t overheat your food. It can cause fires.
- Use the appropriate settings for the food you’re cooking. For example, use the defrost setting for frozen items.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using any container in your microwave – even if it’s labeled “microwave-safe.” Some containers can break down and release harmful chemicals into your food.
- Never operate your microwave empty. It can damage the appliance.
- If something does catch on fire in your microwave, don’t open the door. The fire will be extinguished when the oxygen is gone.
- Unplug your microwave when you’re not using it and before cleaning it.
- Don’t use your microwave if it’s damaged.
- If you have any questions about adequately using or maintaining your microwave, consult the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer directly.
Question: What are the most common Whirlpool microwave parts that need to replace?
Answer: The most common Whirlpool microwave parts that require replacements more than others are the doors, filters, and light bulbs.
Question: How Often Do Whirlpool Microwaves Need to Have Their Parts Replaced?
Answer: It depends on how often you use your microwave. If you use it daily, then you will likely need to replace parts more frequently than if you only use it occasionally.
Question: What are some signs that a part needs to be replaced?
Answer: If your microwave is not working correctly or making strange noises, it is probably time to replace a part.
Question: Where Can I Find Replacement Parts for My Whirlpool Microwave?
Answer: If your Whirlpool microwave needs replacement parts, you have a few options. You can purchase replacement parts from Whirlpool, a certified Whirlpool dealer, or a third-party retailer.
You can contact Whirlpool customer service for assistance if you need help finding the right part for your microwave.
Question: How Do I Know If I Am Replacing A Part Correctly?
Answer: If you’re unsure whether you’re replacing your Whirlpool microwave parts correctly, here are a few things to look out for.
First, make sure that the new parts are compatible with your model of microwave. Second, check to see if the new parts fit snugly and securely in place. Finally, test the latest pieces by running the microwave through a cycle to see if they’re functioning correctly.
If everything looks and works well, you’ve successfully replaced your Whirlpool microwave parts.